Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 16, 2010

Fun Week

With the beautiful weather, we've kept ourselves busy and had a wonderful week. The early part of the week was a little chillier, but we did manage to get out and walk a few times. Then Wednesday we had a warm up again, and it was amazing to be outside for the better part of the day. To start the day off, I took Drew to the doctor for his "final" check up for all the crud he's been dealing with. He checked out well, and we are clear to not go back until our 15 month check up in June!!!

The boys also got spoiled Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday having Daddy home in the morning to get them up. Dan had his final exams Wednesday and Thursday, and of course we are certain he did GREAT. He's a brainiac!!! He has one more "trimester" to go, and will be all done with law school in August. I'm so proud of him, he's got a lot to be proud of!

Thursday, my mom and I took the boys out for an eventful day. We started with an early lunch at BD's Mongolian (just typing the name makes me salivate) and then to The Frederick Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids. It was so much fun, and it was 80 degrees to make it even better. Right now they have a butterfly exhibit, and even the boys loved being surrounded by gorgeous butterflies. We stayed at the Gardens for a couple of hours, and the boys never said a peep, they were very stimulated to say the least. Then we HAD to get some TCBY yogurt while we were over there (as you can see, when my mom and I get together, our day is typically planned around food :)). We ended our very busy day with swim lessons for the boys. They are really making good progress, and were both "dunked" this week, and did great with it. It was 8:30 by the time we finally got home and we all slept like rocks!


Two Dogs and 2 boys begging for peanuts from Papaw


The Butterfly Exhibit


Grammie and Drew


They made us twirl around and make sure we didn't have any butterflies attached to us



Drew



More Fun at the Park


Wilson



Today, is going to be a very low key day. We need to get caught up on housework and laundry piling up on us. We are in for a big cool down in Michigan for the weekend, it's supposed to only be 45 tomorrow. Dan and I are looking forward to a dinner date alone to the restaurant we had our first date. In many ways I feel like I don't know him much better lately than I did on our first date, the poor guy has been way too busy!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

I bet the boys loved there Daddy time. Family time is LOVED in our house! That picture of you and the boys is great!! And you had to go and mention Mongolian BBQ didnt ya!? Thats one of our fave places!