Over the past couple of weeks, I have had a chance to really reflect on what my family and close friends mean to me. You really start to see who are the genuine people, when you experience a loss of any kind. I was just blown away by the amount of support we received, and I know I should have always known the support network existed with the family and friends we have. I want to just thank those of you who sent cards with beautiful words of encouragement, flowers, and even gave your time to help us out in a time of need, our yard has never looked better :) We are so appreciative of your kindness, and must say it's very humbling to be on the receiving end (I much prefer to be the giver...and of course have everthing go MY way too).
On a side note, thank you to those of you who kept Dan in your prayers, as he was trying to prepare for his finals and grieve at the same time. He successfully completed his FIRST FULL YEAR of law school, and as his wife...I couldn't be more proud of him. This was by far the hardest semester on me, considering all that we went through in the past few months, but I know now that I can endure just about anything...with a lot of prayer.
Thanks again, you guys are amazing and we love all of you~
Dan and Gretchen
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Thankful for family and friends
Posted by Dan and Gretchen at 10:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Congrats Dan-o!!! We knew you could do it! :) We are still praying for you guys! We love you!
~Sarah and Steve~
Post a Comment