Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

New Adventures in the Blakeslee House

The boys have now begun eating cereal and vegetables. As of now we've tried Rice Cereal, Barley, Oatmeal and Whole Wheat cereal. Overall, they went over pretty well. Wil didn't seem to be too fond of the spoon idea to begin with, but has adjusted fairly well. Drew on the other hand, LOVES everything, and has opened his mouth wide for the spoon each time. They've also had carrots and green beans. Again, Drew enjoys both while Wil is a bit more challenging.

In other news, Drew is now rolling over from his tummy to his back and twice from his back to his tummy. However, my father-in-law and I are the only people who have witnessed it. He thinks he's pretty big stuff now. Wil doesn't seem to have any interest in rolling over yet, but I have a feeling it won't be too long.

I am also no longer working, so while I've been home I have been working very hard at nailing down a nap schedule. They are great nappers. A typical day goes something like this...

7-8 am - Rise and Shine (Full of smiles)
8-9 am - Bottles and watch a little baby Einstein or Praise Baby (Their Favorites)
9-9:30 - Breakfast Cereal
9:30-11 Nap time (Mommy gets house work done)
11-12 - Play time
12 - Bottles
1:30-2:30 - Afternoon Nap
2:30-3:30 - Play
3:30 - Bottles
4:00 - Supper (Veggies)
4:30-6:00 - Nap
7:30 - Bedtime Bottles
8:15- Bed

I love love love being a mommy, and it sure makes it a lot easier with TWO fantastic babies. While losing my job wasn't the most timely, it sure has been a GREAT experience. I am willing to give up a lot of stuff to gain the time with my boys that I can never get back. We have our whole lives to work for stuff, but these children are only ours for a very short time and I'm treasuring every minute with both of them. What an amazing gift children are.

Please continue to keep Dan's job search on your prayer list.

I will leave you with a few photos of our last few weeks(Hopefully all these pictures will tide you over until I blog again...I really am trying to get better about doing it more often).
Blessings-
Gretchen


Hanging out together in Drew's Bed. They loved looking at each other


Showing a little Love for the Detroit Tigers


A baby "pile on" with their cousin Greyson (hard to believe he's only 3.5 weeks younger)

Ewwww. Carrots


All Done (Wil)



All Done (Drew)

Naked was a good way to start the feeding process :)


Wil's had Enough


Drew getting prepped.

2 comments:

Kami said...

They are absolutely adorable. I can't believe how big they are!!! It is so cute how different they look too. That's how my step daughters are! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Kami

Julie Linn said...

Such a great post, Gretchen. They are getting so big! I love that you label each picture with who it is, maybe by the time they're one I'll know who's who. :) So glad to hear that you're enjoying your time at home, and you're right, it's priceless.