Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Long Overdue update

OH THE JOY OF TWINS!!!

Here is a brief update of what they boys have been up to lately.

Wil -
This child is the biggest "grunter" I've ever known, he has so much to say. He is getting very strong, and does very well holding his head up when lying on someone's chest or on the floor. Speaking of lying on the floor, he's not a big fan of tummy time, but seems to be doing pretty well with it.
Wil also has what is called "torticollis" where his head has a tendency to lean one way, because of the way he was positioned before birth (head down in my pelvis for 20 weeks).
He is also full of smiles, and is just all around a sweet sweet baby.
Last night he slept for 5 consecutive hours, I was sooooo thrilled (now if only we could get his brother to do the same).
The boys last went to the pediatrician when they were 2 weeks old, and Wil had gained 10 ounces in 8 days...this is absolutely huge, so we were thrilled. He is quickly gaining on his brother, and they are now less than 1 pound apart. Wil weighed in at 6 lbs. 14.5 oz.

Drew-
Sweet, photogenic baby comes to mind when I think of Drew. He is such a snuggler and just loves to be held. He too is very strong, and doesn't seem to love or hate tummy time, he just seems to tolerate it.
He is thriving, and seems to be right on target for all milestones thus far...Praise God!
Drew also has a lot to say, and is just an absolute wiggle worm. When he's in his boppy seat on the couch, I try to cover his feet, and he will fuss until he can get them uncovered...I think he's bound to be a pretty strong willed child.
At his last appointment he gained 7.5 ounces in 8 days and is now weighing 7 lbs. 13.5 oz. (however, I'm convinced he weighs well over 8 pounds now).

Here are a few new pictures.


Wilson





Andrew


Drew & Wil

5 comments:

Angelwingsbaby said...

They are so sweet gretchen!! We have continued to pray for them everyday.((HUGS))

carriekuipers said...

I am glad to get updates again - I have been looking for them. I am glad the boys are doing so well - I can't wait to see them again.

Kami said...

I wish I could come to your home and just snuggle them for a while. I would give them so much lovin'. They are adorable honey.

Kami

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

so glad things are going well for your perfect little family. :)

they are absolutley beautiful!

Tara M. said...

Your boys are so cute. Eric and Ryan talk about them every day, and they pray for them too. About the sleeping thing, My boys were sleeping 6 hours in a row at 10 weeks old. Soon your guys will sleep all night, I hope. Let me know what the doctor said about the torticollis for Wil.